A Coronavirus COVID-19 dashboard for the world and each country created by me. There are log y-axis scale plots and normal y-axis scale plots. Also a plot showing trends of each California county – I created this to help understand what tier* each county will be at any given date. Source code is provided below:
- WORLD: To view the covid19.py dashboard click here: covid19-normal.html
- WORLD: To view the log scale covid19.py dashboard click here: covid19-log.html
- USA: To view daily and total plots USA states & territories (relative to population values): usa-states/states-output.html
- USA: To view daily and total plots USA States (normal/raw values): usa-states/states-output-raw.html
- CALIFORNIA: To view daily and total plots of California counties (relative to population values): usa-ca/county-output.html
- CALIFORNIA: To view daily and total plots of California counties (normal/raw values): usa-ca/county-output-raw.html
- CANADA: To view daily and total plots of California provinces & territories (relative to population values): canada/canada-output.html
- CANADA: To view daily and total plots of California provinces & territories (normal/raw values): canada/canada-output-raw.html
- Other analysis: which country is Xth place in total cases @ given date: http://www.infotinks.com/covid19/places.html
Source code: https://github.com/bhbmaster/covid19 .
- World Data – currently active:
World covid19 data for each country gathered from here: https://pomber.github.io/covid19/timeseries.json
For more info on this data go to the github link: https://pomber.github.io/covid19/
- Where data is gathered for US States – currently active:
The USA states data is provided by the New York times github here: https://github.com/nytimes/covid-19-data
I use this commonly updated csv file: https://github.com/nytimes/covid-19-data/blob/master/us-states.csv
- Where data is gathered for Canada Provinces & Territories – currently active:
The Canada data is provided by the COVID-19 Canada Open Data Working Group
I use this commonly updated csv file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ccodwg/Covid19Canada/master/timeseries_prov/active_timeseries_prov.csv
- Where data was gathered post March 12th 2012 for California – currently active:
The California county data is gathered from data.chhs.ca.gov covid19 cases:
This provides the data in a csv format downloaded here:
- Where data was gathered pre March 12th 2012 for California – deprecated:
The California county data is gathered from data.ca.gov covid19 cases: https://data.ca.gov/dataset/covid-19-cases/resource/926fd08f-cc91-4828-af38-bd45de97f8c3
This provides the data in a csv format downloaded here: https://data.ca.gov/dataset/590188d5-8545-4c93-a9a0-e230f0db7290/resource/926fd08f-cc91-4828-af38-bd45de97f8c3/download/statewide_cases.csv
California County Tier System Info
California uses a tier system to see what counties can have which businesses open.
This tier system uses positivity rate and daily new cases per 100,000 over 7 day rolling average (also known as moving average). Since the positivity rate lately is very good, I do not consider it in my California county plots. I plotted the daily new cases per 100K with a 7 day moving average. Turns out there is an offset/correction that is applied which I couldn’t figure out.
To see the corrected value check this link (it also explains the tiers):
- The charts are updated every 6 hours starting at midnight PST. However, the values to the data source are updated daily, so don’t expect new values until after midnight.